iToBoS representatives attended the Smart City Expo World Congress, which took place in Barcelona from November 15 to 17, 2022.
Held in Barcelona since 2011, Smart City Expo World Congress is the international leading event for cities and its citizens with the mission of empowering cities and collectivize urban innovation across the globe. Through promoting social innovation and identifying collaboration opportunities, the event is dedicated to creating a better future for cities and their citizens. This year, the event had more than 20,000 in-person attendees, 853 exhibitors and more than 400 speakers from 134 countries.
The main interest for iToBoS was to analyse and contrast the latest enabling technologies with potential application to the project and its business cases. Technology is a critical foundation needed to enable the post-COVID recovery. As computing power continues to explode, 5G continues to be rolled out, and 6G appears on the horizon, communities are pushing to work on innovation focused on people and sustainability. How can datafication, blockchain, quantum computing, extended reality, and digital twins, among other developments, inspire better cities?
Some of key debate topics for the 2022 edition with particular interest for iToBoS were:
- Artificial Intelligence, including algorithm ethics, algorithms, deep learning and smart devices.
- Data, including big data, data analytics, data integration, data lake, data management, data storage and data infrastructure.
- Connectivity and the latest about the new technological challenges of 5G, 6G, Wifi6 and IOT.
- Digital Services, considering also simulated environments, digital twins, metaverse, virtual reality, robotics and blockchain.
- Cloud & Platforms: city platforms, cloud computing, cloud storage, edge computing, hybrid data storage, IaaS or PaaS.
- Internet of Things: IoT, machine to machine communication, networked devices and sensoring.
As main results, iToBoS representatives shared many ideas about upcoming technologies with potential for healthcare and people and had the opportunity to present the project goals and challenges to IT innovators and specialists.
Find out more at https://www.smartcityexpo.com/