The 10th World Congress of Melanoma in conjunction with the 17th EADO Congress was held under the auspices of the Melanoma World Society (MWS) and European Association of Dermato-Oncology (EADO).
It aims to improve medical education, improve guideline development, improve patient’s access to new treatments and improve clinical research in melanoma.
Dr Josep Malvehy presented iToBoS project in the Official Symposium SY50, held on April 15-17,2021, with the lecture: "State of the art of artificial intelligence in dermato-oncology”.
Dr Malvehy also participated in the following activities:
- Impact of Covid-19 pandemic in skin cancer care clinical management: how digital technology could help?, on April 16th, 2021.
- Q&A discussion, on April 16th, 2021.
- In vivo LC-OCT and ex-vivo confocal microscopy for fast skin cancer histopathology, on April 16th, 2021.
- Summary, on April 16th, 2021.
- How to train young doctors in cutaneous oncology in Barcelona, on April 17th, 2021.
- e-Health in the oncologic patients care, on April 17th, 2021.
Epidemiology, prevention and early detection, diagnostics and staging, surgical and radiotherapy and systemic and intralesional therapies were core themes of the meeting. The congress also offered a great opportunity for young doctors and researchers to familiarize themselves with melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers. The entire spectrum of questions related to melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers were covered.